Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day Three - The STRESS Factor!

Until this morning, I have been coasting along, living my new cave mom life without a care in the world, no problems, no worries...just happy to be alive.

And then the "diet demons" (you know who they are!) decided that I was coasting along WAY too easily and decided to wreak some minor havoc in my life.  Nothing horrible by any means, just enough little annoyances to make me normally want to turn to chips, burritos, cookies, or crackers and a nice cold beer or glass of wine.

What happened?

  1. Day started off with not being able to find my six year-olds sneakers...so I was running 10 minutes late for work by the time we left.
  2. Ummmm...TRAFFIC...which is never bad where my cave is located.
  3. I'm a teacher and "THE STATE ACCOUNTABILITY TEST" (notice the importance I gave it with all caps!) is only 4 more teaching days away and everyone is in crisis mode at this point trying to get our students ready.
  4. I had a student throw up all over her desk, the floor, her chair, etc, etc, etc....in the middle of my writing lesson today.
  5. Since my classroom smelled like "you-know-what" after that, I got a horrible headache that did not want to go away, even with my good friend Mr. Advil helping out.
  6. I've been looking for a house for my parents so they can re-locate and found out today that the one we had picked out for them is no longer available....so I am back to the drawing board and searching again.
  7. Two arguing, recalcitrant six-year-olds in my back seat of the minivan...nuff said.
All of this was nothing horrible...just little bitty things.  So, the question of the day would be....what did I do?  Did I go for the carbs/sweets/empty calories???  

No way!  And here is the strangest thing...I wasn't even tempted!  What's up with that?  Seriously, I am always tempted by cheap carbs and I had no desire at all to eat any!  The "diet demons" must be REALLY mad at me now because I am foiling their attempts to sabatoge me with their petty little life annoyances.  Ha!  Take that you pesky little boogers!

Instead, I came home from work, grabbed a piece of deli turkey and a few almonds to tide me over.  Then, I chopped up some onion and garlic and tomatoes to make a sauce for a spaghetti squash and roasted some chicken breasts for dinner!  Gonna be yummy!

I am rocking dear friends!  Life in my cave world is going well on Day 3.

(Now, let's just hope the "diet demons" don't think of something else for their next attack!)

No comments:

Post a Comment