Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 73 - Yippee for Me!

This week is Teacher Appreciation week at the school where I teach each and every day.  Today in particular, our wonderful PTA provided a delicious luncheon for us.  I walked into the teacher lounge to find a smorgasbord of non-Paleo tempting scrumptiousness....pasta salads galore with ham and cheeses...broccoli salads loaded with mayo and cheese...bean salads...pea salads...bread sticks...and then there was dessert!  Cookies, cake, candies, cupcakes, super sweet bar cookies, marshmallow gelatin salads, and my favorite of all time...cheesecake.

So, you may ask...what did I eat?

I grabbed a plate and went straight for the undressed plain greens and loaded up my plate.  I went to the fridge and got my baggie of chopped meats that I had prepared the night before (planning ahead!) and my Paleo-friendly salad dressing and had a nice, big delicious salad.  For dessert?  Fresh watermelon that someone had brought and sliced up.

Not even tempted to cheat.  Not even tempted to sneak a cookie.

Yippee for me!

1 comment:

  1. Whooo!Hooo!!! good for you shrinking mom! You are such an inspiration...I have a birthday party/mothers day get together I have to contend with this weekend...I plan to make the best choices possible and bring my own dish to share of course! :)

    ReplyDelete