Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day Ten - Hooray for Tequila!

Well, faithful followers, today was THE DAY of  THE STATE ACCOUNTABILITY TEST for 4th grade Writing.  Can we just say.....STRESSFUL!  I LOVE being a teacher.  It is the world's greatest profession.  I KNOW I make a difference in the lives of my students.  But, the stress wasn't from concern that my students wouldn't do well or do their best...the stress was from being so concerned about accidentally breaking a rule!  There were monitors from the district watching our every move and every word.  What if I didn't have every bulletin board covered?  What if I accidentally said the wrong thing and didn't follow the script?  I had to be on my feet "actively monitoring the students" all day long...pacing up and down, back and forth, up and down, back and forth, over and over and over.....UGH!

So, my last student does not finish until 3 hours after dismissal and I am FINALLY home with my family, sitting down, have my shoes off, and have time to relax...THANK HEAVEN that Mr. Wolf says that alcohol is allowed on the Paleo lifestyle.  I am not a big drinker.  I used to like a cold beer every now and then and would always have a drink at a bar while waiting on a table at a nice restaurant...but alcohol is definitely not on my "daily needs" list.  But after the day I have had today?  Bring it on!

My apologies to Robb Wolf for not remembering the name of his margarita...I don't have the book near me and I think it is named after his gym...but for our purposes here, we will call it the "Cave Girl Margarita!".  Squeeze the juice of one lime into a grass of crushed ice, rimmed with margarita salt (I think I added the salt part, don't think Mr. Wolf advocates this!  Oops!  LOL!  But isn't the salt delicious?), add a double shot of gold tequila (Jose Cuervo of course!) and then top off with club soda or sparkling water.  Can I just say, DELICIOUS!  Just what I needed after this day of nothing but bundles of stress and angst.

So...the bad news is...only 6 weeks left until THE STATE ACCOUNTABILITY TEST FOR READING AND MATH tests!  UGH!

But...the good news is...despite the "Good Luck" chocolates and the "Congratulations for Making It Through the Day" candy bars I received today...I did not eat any of them and am still living life as a cave mom in a cave world!

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment